Monday, January 18, 2010

she's baaaaaack

My current life provides me with more “me” time than I’d normally require. I have hours upon hours alone each day to fill in in different ways in various locations. Since leaving Puerto Rico I’ve had none. Zero alone time means no real time to think or reflect, much less write.

I decided to skip breakfast with the girls this morning and try to get a hold on everything that is scattered around this hotel room and my thoughts.

Soooo, home leave in a nutshell:

We came home to Atlanta to spend a few days with friends before heading out to the families. We saw Santaland Diaries and had some great brunches, lunches, dinners and drinks catching up. We headed north and visited my Grams and got to see some long lost fam of mine, which was great. Then we headed south where we ate, ate and ate some more, had a visit from Santa and spent time with the fam and friends in Albany.We then came home and celebrated the new year with dear friends and a great meal…





Then we continued the tour of friends with a trip to Athens, played in the snow, came down with a case of cabin fever and were cured by a 30th birthday and a very cautious cab driver…






A day or so later we moved into the hotel and the conference began. In one night we were sucked back into our other life…friends from all corners of the world that we hadn’t seen in months some in even a year were all together again and since then we’ve yet to really come up for air.

Although we did pull away for our night at Woodfire Grill with my favorite guys and it was AMAZING! I’ll be sure to get up the pics and review on the food blog soon. Until then you can feast on this…



We’ve got one more week of the conference, one more week of living in this weird black hole in Buckhead where we feel a million miles away from Atlanta and all our friends here.

Saturday we move into our corporate apartment in Midtown and relieve Pablo of dog duty because we get to have our little monkey come live with us! It will be sad to say goodbye to friends who we may or may not see this year but thankfully a good handful of them will be here in Atlanta with us.

I’m anxious to introduce and merge these two lives a little over the next 7 weeks, to really catch up with all of you that we’ve missed so much and of course living with this little terror…

No comments: