Thursday, May 1, 2008

Homeowners-1, Tax Assessors-0

The city of Atlanta decided to hit Grant Park residents with a blanket 27% hike in our homes' value. This meant huge increases in our taxes across the board without any consideration for actual home sales or values.

The wife and I appealed our taxes and were denied any adjustment. Today we had our hearing with the Fulton County Board of Assessors and I have to say it was by far the most pleasant experience I have ever had with any person or department of my local government.

We got our value back down to what it is actually worth and it took less than 10 minutes.

Thanks to Mr. Adams with Adams Realtors for holding the free seminar for the entire neighborhood and to Jody our favorite local realtor (and one of the nicest people we've ever met) for helping us out with comps.

To my homeowner friends...APPEAL, APPEAL, APPEAL!

No comments: