Thursday, May 22, 2008

Yard Break



I've been working my arse off to get everything completed for the first deadline of the project I'm working on for my former company. I had a really productive day but had to take a mental break and get some fresh air.

While getting this air I couldn't help but admire our yard. It was a mud pit when we first moved in. Nothing would grow and if it did it was only a matter of time before the severe sloping caused the rain to wash it away. After 3 years of toiling away in it I have to admit it is looking pretty good. It is nice to finally see everything getting mature (everything was of the 1 to 3 gallon size when planted) and the whole thing looking so green and lush. The lush part is due solely due to my Wife, Mrs. Gore, who diligently carries out buckets of recycled shower water every few days.


I also decided to take some pics of some of the spring blooms we have right now...


This one's potted, Purslane. I bought it after I admired some in Farmer Paul's garden. It is a funky looking plant and I love the muted color.

One of our many daylillies, they come back better and better each year.



Daisy Gardenias..they smell delicious.

Another daylilly.

In sad garden news, my tomato plant, although growing like wildfire, is dropping all its blooms. I fear I may have planted it in too small of a container but am hoping it is because of the cooler weather at night. Needless to say I may have no need to continue my war with the squirrels.

No comments: