Friday, April 1, 2011

the daily(ish)

I’ve only recently started observing Lent, as in actually giving something up for it. Recently, as in this is my second year. Last year I gave up fried foods. It was tough and that was exactly what I had intended it to be.

This year I gave up desserts or I guess sweets in general. No candy, no ice cream (ugh!), no chocolate (double ugh!), no cakes, no pies, no puddings, no crepes, no cookies, no gum, so cinnamon rolls, no donuts, no muffins, no toffee, no caramel, no…okay, you get the point and I’m only torturing myself further.

I’ve developed a real sweet tooth on the road with all the different desserts and flavors available, but aside from ice cream, chocolate is still my biggest temptation.

This is our hotel’s welcome gift each time we check in…

DSC_0276

I didn’t eat any, but I did make the Wife take it to work with her the next day. This year has been even more challenging than last.

Thanks be to God.

No comments: