Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Paris



Paris...I think I'm going to have difficulty with this entry. We spent 3 nights in this city (thank you Greek Orthodox Easter) and saw so much...the Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, La Madeleine, the Pantheon, the exterior of the Louvre, the Musee d'Orsay, etc...we saw as much as the Wife's lingering cold, the bad weather and my bum foot would allow. But, I think more than anything it was the beauty of the city as a whole and just the alluring charm of Paris that really made our weekend so wonderful.



There is a reason so many fall in love with this city and we definitely fell under her spell while there.



I can say that Notre Dame was by far my favorite sight...I honestly had a lump in my throat the entire time we were inside. It was truly awe-inspiring...so much so I believe even a non-believer would have a difficult time denying the presence of God within its beauty.





It is a city overflowing with heartbreaking beauty, culture, and art. If you've been you undoubtedly understand and if you haven't had the chance yet you will not be disappointed.

No comments: