Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dear Ms. Lingle, You Suck.

Urgh, this is not representative of the aloha spirit of Hawaii. Their governor just vetoed a bill that would have granted civil unions to same-sex couples.

Ms. Lingle stated:

"I have been open and consistent in my opposition to same-gender marriage, and find that House Bill 444 is essentially marriage by another name."

I thought Republicans didn’t want same-sex marriage because “marriage” was their sacred and traditional religious institution. It isn’t a civil rights matter, they aren't trying to discriminate- they just don’t want their traditional “marriage” to be touched by us gay lepers, lest it will surely fall apart. By the way, how's that divorce rate looking these days??

I suppose I should be glad to read that a Republican actually says what they all really mean-they don’t want to recognize our rights as citizens and taxpayers. They want to deny us our civil liberties and deny our families the legitimacy and protections that their families are afforded- no matter what you call it.

So I suppose I should say kudos to you, Ms. Lingle, for at least being honest. I’m all for calling a spade a spade...a homophobe a homophobe...a bigot a bigot.

No comments: