Tuesday, October 11, 2011

friend-filled weekend

Let me start by saying, I have very few photos from the weekend, but will have more once I raid our friend’s camera.  My point-and-shoot is seriously on it’s last leg.  It has been dropped more times than I care to remember and for some reason I just never had our SLR with us.  We both kept forgetting it even though we were doing awesome things around London with our friends.  I know, it makes no sense.  I’m starting to think we both subconsciously forgot it so we could take a break from being shutterbugs for a weekend.

Our friends arrived in London very early Thursday morning, so early that Jules could even come with me to pick them up and still make it to work on time…

DSC05351

They had 2 1/2 days before heading off to some other European destinations and we crammed a lot into that short amount of time- They saw the changing of the guard at Buckingham…

DSC05360

took  a ride down the Thames to Greenwich, they had their first pint in an English pub, ate their first real fish and chips and steak and ale pies, walked around Westminster and toured Westminster Abbey…

DSC05371

we went up the London Eye, met our Londoner friends in Soho, tasted their first Korean food, and were even able to hit up the British Museum before leaving to catch their flight.

Since they’ll be back in London at the end of their trip I think this was a pretty nice start. And helloooooo…

DSC05386

I did the London Eye for them and although I did require a beer beforehand, I didn’t even freak out.  It was actually not that scary, although I was literally weak in the knees and had to death grip the rails when getting close to the glass for photos.

After they were off to their next destination, we joined our sweet Londoner friends who had invited us over again to enjoy a home-cooked meal.  The food was spectacular and the company great- we couldn’t have asked for a better Saturday night.

We seriously spent all day in bed on Sunday planning and booking China weekends and only left the room for breakfast and dinner.  I can’t tell you how nice it is to have a lazy Sunday together, they don’t come often and it will likely be our last one this year.

Up this weekend- Norway with friends and fjords.  We’re so excited!!! 

No comments: