Friday, June 20, 2008

EAV

If you live intown you should definitely check out the EAV Farmers Market on Thursday nights from 4-8ish. There wasn't quite as much produce as I would have liked but a couple of vendors had gorgeous flowers at really reasonable prices.

By far the pièces de résistance for me was the Decimal Farms Dairy booth. This really great lady has a farm with 23 goats just outside the city and has been making cheese for 13 years.

This cheese is amazing and ridiculously priced...1/2lb is $5. And she does a few different cheeses other than the traditional chevre, the fresh mozzarella style is divine.

I'm sure there are many more goodies to be found there, but I only had $23 in cash so I had to shop wisely.

So go support some local farmers and treat yourself to some organic food that you won't have to sell your first born to be able to afford.

No comments: