Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sea Pig, classic

Last week at the beach Pablo and I were discussing, aka arguing, about how I no longer think that SNL is funny. As I reminisce about the "good ol' days" of my beloved Spartan Cheerleaders I realize that I'm turning into that person who is stuck in their heyday. Unable to move past what I loved to what is now "cool". For God's sake, I don't even hide the fact that I buy about 2 Cd's annually and at least one of those is a re-purchase of a CD from my youth.

Later that week we were watching some late 90's comedy show and we both agreed that some humor is not timeless just like tight-rolled jeans and bangs that look like a hair sprayed eagle claw. Both of which I have abandoned.

It is my hope that my loyalty to the pop culture of my past stems really from my love of timeless classics. Just in the way I love movies from the 40's and 50's and books written 80 years ago...maybe, just maybe I won't be that woman who gets frozen in time.

I'm not saying the 80's and 90's were a Renaissance period but some things I will always love and will always think are funny...

No comments: