Saturday, August 9, 2008

can anyone keep it in their pants these days?

I am beyond angry at the news of John Edwards' affair. I'm not angry because of the affair itself because, lets face it, the majority of married men and women have extra marital affairs. I'm not saying it doesn't disappoint me. I respected him and I do think it says a great deal to his lack of good and moral character, traits he assured everyone of during his campaign.

That said, it isn't my marriage and they have to deal with it as a family. In the end it comes down to the simple fact that we all make mistakes.

However, to have a scandalous affair, attempt to cover it up and then to consciously make the decision to run for Presidency anyway is not a mistake. It is an act of treason to the Democratic Party and a slap in the face to everyone who supported him. Should he have gotten the nod our hopes of returning to the White House would have been over.

Period.

I could go on and on about how incredibly incensed I am at this man for bringing on this negative light just weeks before the DNC Convention and what a coward I think he is for giving his statement during the opening night of the Olympics...

But, I guess there really is only one thing to say anyway...thank you Obama and Hillary for keeping this egomaniac in 3rd place.

No comments: