Tuesday, August 26, 2008

enough is enough

Okay, so it is no secret that I support Hillary Clinton, that I voted for her in the primary or that I was praying up until that 3am text that Obama would choose her as his running mate. It is also not a secret that I had a hard time getting fired up about Obama.

I have a huge issue with loyalty. It can be my best and worst trait sometimes rolled into one. I wholeheartedly admit to the fact that I am not much of a "forget and forgive" kind of gal...when I believe in someone and support them, whether it be family, friend or politician, I do so forever. Or until they do something horrible enough for me to see they weren't really the person I thought them to be. But that is a whole different can of worms.

That being said, enough is enough. Hillary is out, she's not going to be on the ticket, top or bottom. Our hope now lies with Obama and Biden. Period.

I mean, I love her too but it is time to get on board here. These so called "Democrats for Hillary" and their threats to vote republican are almost more than I can handle.

This party needs us to unite for the greater good...our country needs us to unite. We need someone to begin the daunting task of backing us out of this seemingly bottomless hole that the Bush administration has put us in.

Obviously, that someone is not John McCain. It amazes me to no end that anyone in this country could look back 8 years ago and feel that things are better now. I just don't get it.

But what I don't get even more is people like this woman in the video who says she supports Hillary all while spewing bigotry as her reason for not supporting Obama. WTF? Can someone like this really share Hillary's views?

I have my fingers crossed that Hill does a bang up job at the convention tonight. I hope she gets through to these people and makes them understand what is really at stake here.

Well maybe not this women, she just needs to go back to her cave and stay out of the voting booth.



No comments: