Thursday, August 18, 2011

reunion weekend

“I have found out there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them”.- Mark Twain (Tom Sawyer Abroad)

DSC00640

We enjoyed one last weekend with our friends from Sao Paulo and finally got a chance to catch up with our friends who live in Recife.  AND finally meet their ridiculously cute baby.  My uterus ached all weekend being around this little bundle of baby fat and preciousness.  His Renaissance Fair turkey legs almost sent me over the edge of mild baby fever to full-fledged baby-napper.  Seriously people, you’ve never seen a cuter baby leg.

I digress.

Everyone arrived on Friday and all 10 of us went out to a long, laughter-filled, beer-soaked, meat-laden dinner.  And yes, it was as fun as it sounds.  Maybe more.

We went to my very first football match on Saturday night and enjoyed the perks of getting box tickets from the Sponsor…

DSC00642

The game was actually pretty good. There were like 6 goals.  6!  By my calculation that is about 6 times more than an average game.  Sorry, soccer fans, but you know it’s true. 

Although the game was a small one, we got a glimpse as to how insane these fans are and had a good laugh at some of the crap the old men were yelling down to the field.  Thanks to M & S for translating.

Sunday we spent around the pool saying our last goodbyes to our friends from Recife and their turkey-legged precious little baby before their afternoon flight.  Then Jules and I went to lunch and took a walk on the beach with M & S before having to bid them farewell too.

Goodbyes are really a huge part of our life.  We say them all the time without really knowing when we’ll see that person again.  It’s hard. Especially when it’s people you hold so dear. 

I’ve missed having my fellow hotel wives so much since they left and hope to see them both again very soon!!!

DSC04904

 

 

 

Sorry, no photos this weekend, well not enough to post an album.  Especially since the Wife chose to ignore my two “don’t forget the camera” remarks and say to me in the cab “you got the camera, right?”.  Hahaha, it was only slightly better than my bringing a battery-less camera to Vienna last year.  It happens.  All soccer photos credit goes to the new cohort.  Thanks!

No comments: