Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Santaland Diaries


To continue our new favorite Christmas tradition we are going again this year to see The Santaland Diaries.

If you're not familiar, it's a play based on the hilarious short story by David Sedaris all about his adventures working as an elf at Macy's for the Christmas Holiday. If you're not familiar with David Sedaris then you need to go directly to the bookstore and get a copy of "Naked" right now...like now!

We're going on the 11th and would love for anyone who can make it to join us. You can buy tickets online through the theater. FYI- don't spring for the front row "VIP" tickets. The theater is tiny and you don't want to sit that close...unless you want a ride on Santa's sleigh :)

We'll probably do dinner/beverages beforehand so if you want to join just let us know.

And if you can't go that night I highly recommend you go at some point...you will not regret it! Unless you hate laughing until it hurts...then maybe you should go see The Nutcracker instead...which I think we're going to see as well, but that is another blog.


Just a tidbit of holiday cheer from my favorite elf, Crumpet...


"She said, "I'm going to have you fired."

I had two people say that to me today, "I'm going to have you fired." Go ahead, be my guest. I'm wearing a green velvet costume; it doesn't get any worse than this. Who do these people think they are?

"I'm going to have you fired!" And I wanted to lean over and say, "I'm going to have you killed."

No comments: