Monday, November 3, 2008

time to make up your mind


So tomorrow I go to cast my vote for Obama. The Wife and I are getting up at the crack of dawn and going to stand in what we hope to be a not-so-long line. The receptionist at my physical therapy office and I are convinced we will breeze through the lines thanks to all the suffering the early voters experienced before us.

I'm really hopeful but also nervous about the outcome of tomorrow's elections. I just hope all those "undecided" have finally realized this isn't a hard decision. You either like the way this country is going to hell in a hand basket or you want some change for the better!

Being an extremely opinionated person, I've always had a difficult time understanding those who can truly be "undecided" when the differences are so great.

I recently read the article in the New Yorker by my fave author, David Sedaris, where he, too, expressed his confusion with these people...

"I look at these people and can’t quite believe that they exist. Are they professional actors? I wonder. Or are they simply laymen who want a lot of attention?

To put them in perspective, I think of being on an airplane. The flight attendant comes down the aisle with her food cart and, eventually, parks it beside my seat. “Can I interest you in the chicken?” she asks. “Or would you prefer the platter of shit with bits of broken glass in it?”

To be undecided in this election is to pause for a moment and then ask how the chicken is cooked.

I mean, really, what’s to be confused about?"


So come on America it is time to stop pausing, come to your senses and order the damn chicken!

No comments: