Thursday, September 22, 2011

the daily(ish)

I think I’ve mentioned before how I have a hard time at museums because I want to touch stuff. And by that I mean, I really want to touch stuff. I have a tough time being able to appreciate it without putting my hands on it.  If we’re touring some castle or church or temple or what have you, I’ll inevitably touch walls and door handles as we walk through. (Note to self- maybe this is why you’re always sick?!?!)  Anyway, I want to touch things and if it’s a book, I’ll want to smell it as well.  

Victoria and Albert Museum, you are awesome…

DSC05107

Ming vase from the 16th century and I got to touch it!  Legally. 

There aren’t a ton of things in the museum you’re allowed to touch, which yes, I realize makes a lot of sense, but there were a few and it was enough to make this museum-goer a very happy one.

It also made me realize that I’m not the only weirdo who wants to touch things at museums.

No comments: