Thursday, September 29, 2011

the daily(ish)

I took this picture on our way into London…

DSC05097

I had taken it with the plans to talk about how much I love the taxis here.  Not only are they all cute and British-y, but they are roomy enough to take all our luggage on and still be a comfortable ride.  I can’t tell you how often we ride with suitcases in our laps. 

I failed to take the picture off my camera and saw it today.  Now it’s a farewell photo for my beloved Toms. 

I’ve lost my favorite pair of shoes!  My most comfortable pair!!  In a city where I walk about 3 miles a day!!  How did this happen?  Well, I don’t know.   I really don’t.  I can’t imagine anyone would have taken the ragged things and in truth I found a hole forming on the back edge of the left one the last time I wore them. 

Not that a hole would stop me from wearing them.  I’m a total hobo these days and own very few things that don’t have at least a few pinholes in them from laundry tags.  I’m tired of replacing what hotels and constant wearing and re-wearing (we’ve been in fall weather allllllll year this year) destroys. 

I’m already really missing my Toms and hate the fact that they’ll be my very last pair since I recently found out that their founder supports and donates to a bigoted “straight families are the only families that count” organization.

Goodbye, Toms.  I’ll remember you fondly.* 

 

*Except for the whole “I gave money to a company that supports and organization that thinks I’m a second class citizen’ thing.  Hopefully, the whole “I bought a pair of shoes which in turn provided  a pair of shoes to a needy kid” cancels it out. 

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Looks like Toms was just lazy...

http://blog.christianitytoday.com/ctpolitics/2011/07/toms_founder_di.html