Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy Holi!

India celebrates the Festival of Colours today with Holi. This holiday marks the coming of spring and Indians celebrate by smearing colors and colored water all over one another. I opened the door to two such celebrators yesterday...


Seems the girls "got their colors" at work.

I would love to go out today to take some pictures of this holiday in action but apparently you take the risk of being hit with water balloons and super-soakers loaded with very strong dye. So strong it will not only stain your clothes but also your skin. My main reason is not wanting my camera ruined.

One of the guys is going out today with one of the guys from Coke India so hopefully he'll get some shots. I stole this one from the web to give you an idea as to what "getting your colors" is really all about...

No comments: