Wednesday, March 30, 2011

life list


I will never forget a conversation I had with my dear friend, Hody near the end of our first year of travel...


Hody: Where the heck are you going to want to go on vacation after all this travel?


Me: Weeelllll, I definitely want to go to camping in Botswana and have a meerkat climb up my body and sit on my head!


Hody: What, in the hell, has happened to you?


Now, I will preface this with the fact that camping is my dear friend Hody’s idea of hell on earth. But, as I thought back to the conversation I realized that camping in the desert of Botswana to have a wild animal crawl up my body wasn’t exactly at the top of my list before we starting traveling.


The thing is, it is now. It is actually #7 on my life list.


I’ve been toying with putting my life list on here because I think it’s kind of personal but hey, we’re friends, right?


I think a life list or bucket list or whatever you want to call them is a great idea. I don’t know about you, but I LOVE crossing things off a list AND in all seriousness, I think it is so easy to get caught up in the day to day and forget all those little (or big) things we really want to do in this lifetime.


I started working on this list 5 or 6 months ago and will hopefully continue to cross off and add more as life goes on. I’m blessed that so many of the things I would have originally put on the list (Taj Mahal, Petra, Manchu Picchu, etc.) I had already been given the opportunity to do/see.


The Wife even started working on hers, but since she actually has a job and then has to travel like a maniac every weekend, she’s understandably not quite finished. I’ll post hers when she’s done. You can find it up there under the "Life Lists" page.


What’s on your life list?

No comments: